Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Swimming.......again..........

On Saturday, I decided to go swimming...it was a cloudy day with intermittent rain, so I figured there may not be too many people in the pool. I was right...in fact, I could choose my own lane from 4 available! Understand that there are typically 5-8 people in a lane on any given day, so this was a real surprise and treat!

I proceeded to backstroke my way toward my 1000 meter goal for the day, thoroughly enjoying being alone in my lane! Ah, breathing room! Suddenly, at 700 meters, I made the turn and noticed that a woman had started swimming in my lane. I quickly glanced around to see if all the lanes were full, and to my surprise, 3 lanes were completely EMPTY! First question: "WHY IN THE WORLD would anyone choose to swim in a lane where someone is already swimming when 3 other lanes are completely empty and free???" Baffled, I moved to the adjoining empty lane and finished my last 300 meters.

Did this woman want company? Was she still living out the "old" ways of thinking that you fill up a lane or a line, or a bench before starting a new line, going to a new lane or sitting on an empty bench? I'll never know because I didn't bother to stop and ask...maybe I'm the one with the "issue"...I want my space, my freedom, and I don't want someone infringing on any of that....hmmmm.

No comments: