Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Getting ready

Once or twice a year I've gotta get ready to travel a long distance. A lot goes into travel prep, from closing down, making sure the animals will be cared for, to packing, to buying gifts, organizing transport, etc. It's exciting to go on a trip, and I am so blessed to be able to go so often.

The part I like least about getting ready is saying "see you laters". In most cases, I'll meet the people again; but for some, it's "goodbye." The part I like the most is the anticipation of seeing those I've not seen in a LONG time. However, even in those, I struggle with this anticipation of "geez, I'm gonna only get a couple of days with them and then have to say goodbye again..."

So what the Lord has taught me through all of this is to cherish every second, every moment that we have with people, even if it is just a couple of hours one afternoon. God can do miracles in a second; He can bless reunions of friends and knit hearts for a lifetime and beyond!

My summer itinerary:

June 30- July 8 - Charlottesville, VA
July 8-12 - Beach in NC
July 12-18 - Denver, CO
July 19-24 - Kansas City, MO
July 24-26 - Minneapolis, MN
July 27- August 6 - Powder Springs, GA

No comments: