Monday, September 26, 2005

Talk about orphans!!!

One of my favorite "kids" from the children's home is pregnant. She has a steady boyfriend and they are engaged. She's due in early December. I found out about the pregnancy two weeks ago...a part of me felt "hurt" that she didn't tell me, but then I learned that her own siblings learned about her pregnancy just 2 weeks before I did, and her brother only learned about it this past weekend! I'm learning some pretty interesting lessons this month about being an orphan. Don't trust....you may be let down; don't share your good news....others may pour cold water on it; stay closed and protected....this way, you cannot be rejected. From my standpoint, I'm learning first-hand to move forward in acceptance, warmth, and encouragment, all smothered in love!!

No comments: