Sunday, March 09, 2008

ICF

One of the most important times at ICF each Friday, I believe, is the fellowship time...actually, the fellowship time AFTER the "meeting" is officially over. As is pretty typical in most countries, people stay around, for hours if you let them, week after week, and get into good, deep conversations, building relationships with one another. When I used to have Bible studies in my flat, they were scheduled for 2 hours, but most of the time, I was "kicking people out" 3-4 hours after the start time. We're finding the same thing at ICF...we meet from 7-9, but rarely get out of there before 10 or 10:30 p.m.! It's kind of wonderful that people are not rushing off to the next activity all the time because I believe that wonderful, deep, abiding relationships are being forged in Christ, where He can enter in and do His work in and through His people for His glory!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that it's wonderful and very important for "afterwards" fellowship to happen. Growing up I was usually impatient about being the last family to leave church, but now I often find myself talking with others after the service until I'm one of the last people there!