Wednesday, December 12, 2007

One reason why I teach in Hungary


People here often ask me "Why do you stay here in Hungary?" One of the many reasons is pictured above. This is my 12a class...seniors, bilingual, and I've taught them for FOUR years! One of the blessings of teaching here is the fact that you start with a class in the 9th grade and you get to see them through all the way til they graduate! As you can see, it's a small group...we were missing one student today...and I've actually grown quite fond of these kids. We've had our ups and downs, our knock-down drag-outs, but it really struck me today just how much I've grown to love these students. We were finishing a Christmas story in class, and then I read them a poem called "The Touch of the Master's Hand", and nearly through tears, told them that each one of them is so incredibly valuable. Anyway, they are precious to me and I cannot believe we only have 4 more months together. I plan to make the most of every lesson with them!

No comments: