Sunday, December 23, 2007

First Christmas surprise for 2007

Marta and Arden!!! My wonderful Christmas surprise!!!!!


Sara, Erik, Mary Jill, Tibor and Kati at Pastor Ed and Sibyl's flat after church.


Greetings from Debrecen, Hungary, where it is cold and gray but warm and lovely in my friends' Mary Jill and Edith's home where I, Erik and Sara are spending this Christmas holiday!



We arrived Saturday just in time for church at the International Church of Debrecen. At one point during the service, Pastor Ed told everyone to stand up and mingle for a few minutes, at which time I, while sitting in the back, turned to see my friend MARTA come walking in the door!!!! What a miracle! Marta and I first met last February by God's divine appointment at the train station in Ukraine when MJ, my other friend Jenn and I were going there to do ministry. Marta was working at the Hungarian orphanage in Nagydobrony, Ukraine and we immediately had a "God connection".



Since last February, I'd made two more trips to the orphanage to see Marta and the girls there...but we'd not communicated nor met since last May. Tears came to both of our eyes as we hugged and hugged last night...she had only 10 minutes, but those10 minutes proved to be one of the best Christmas surprises I could ever ask for!

No comments: