Monday, December 10, 2007

Last 2 weeks of school in 2007

I enjoy the last two weeks of school before the Christmas holiday. The blessings of being a "conversational English teacher" include being able to talk freely about Christmas...and in that, one is able to talk about EVERYTHING connected to Christmas, including Jesus. This week, we're reading non-traditional Christmas stories in most of my classes, all of which lead to neat discussions about things like reconciliation and restoration, good vocabulary words as well for 2nd language learners. Next week, the guitar will be attached to my neck as we'll sing Christmas carols in all my classes. It's really nice not to have to "watch my step" in this public school like I would have to in the U.S.A., where the idea of freedom of speech is simply not true when it comes to speaking about Christmas. I pray the freedoms here remain so that the Truth of this season can go forward to many young people who need the hope that only God can give!

No comments: