Saturday, December 08, 2007

18th Annual Deak English Dept. Christmas Party

Maria, Laci, Melinda, Kati and Mari at my place enjoying yummy food!


Maria Horvath and Arden!


My wonderful friend and Hungarian teacher, Kati!


Melinda, Kati, Mari, Krisztina and Gabi.

Yep, we've been having English Department Christmas parties for 18 years at Deak! Each year, the "native English teacher" hosts it...so that's been me for the past 8 years! I love it! We always have so much fun playing at least one or two games, and choosing and stealing gifts, and EATING!!! Everyone brings a dish and a drink and we just hang out and talk, laugh, and enjoy being together outside of school! I think we are the only department in the school with such a party and rich tradition! This year we had only 12...much smaller than in previous years, but it was actually really nice...much more intimate. I'm so thankful for such wonderful colleagues!

No comments: