Saturday, May 12, 2007

Recovery time

I'm learning a great deal about illness, recovery time, the impact fever has on our bodies, and rest. I was in hospital with a bad infection, fever for 3 days, and in hospital for 4 1/2 days. Of course I thought after 4 1/2 days of rest AFTER my hospital stay I would be fine to return to work. HA! I learned my lesson the hard way; feeling pretty well, I returned, only to find that I became EXHAUSTED...which is exactly what my doctor said would happen.

Who am I listening to? I'm not saying that doctors are always right. More importantly, WHO is my ultimate authority? Am I listening to my Father in heaven, who can use broken vessels, like doctors, to give His words of wisdom to His sometimes very stubborn children...i.e. me?

REST....what a good thing......God created it......we need it.....let's take it as He gives and declares because it's for His glory!

No comments: