Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Missions Vision Trip - Day 1


Wednesday, May 23rd. Dan Chamberlain arrived in Budapest and was put on the train to Debrecen, where Mary Jill picked him up...as they were leaving the train station, I was pulling in to Debrecen, and we all pulled in to the McDonald's together. There we met with two pastors (and one wife of one pastor) and talked about ministry projects in Debrecen! At McDonald's, we got to enjoy watching a fitness class for employees outside. After that, MJ, Dan and I piled into my car and made the trip to Nagydobrony, Ukraine. We were shown INCREDIBLE favor at the border, very short lines, and a quick "pass through" with no problems! I continue to be extremely thankful that I speak Hungarian! As we drove into Nagydobrony, a group of young girls and their "leader" were walking home from church....it was our good friend Marta and some of the girls from the orphanage who were coming from a church service! "My" girl, Tini, was amongst them and RAN to hug me and greet me! Her first question was: "How long are you staying?" Sadly, only 2 nights. But it was soooooooo good to see the girls again and to talk about possible ministry opportunities at the orphanage for future teams! We stayed in a beautiful guest house and enjoyed a good night's sleep after a long day of travel!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know that feeling when she ran up to you? I think that is what the Lord "feels" when a child returns to Him!!!! - Tomislav oF.