Thursday, May 31, 2007

Days 5 & 6 & 7 of Vision Trip



Sunday morning, after a wonderful breakfast and prayer time with the Novi Sad Theological Seminary president and his wife, Dan and I drove to Szeged, where I gave him the grand tour of the city and we enjoyed Hungarian goulash! We then boarded the train for Budapest and met up again with Mary Jill, who drove us to Diosjeno, a wonderful, quaint resort village 45 minutes north of Budapest, where she has a retreat house which has been and will, Lord willing, continue to be used for retreats, possible teams to do English camps in the village and conferences, with final renovations and “finishing off” construction.

We all enjoyed a peaceful night's sleep in the fresh country air, and on Monday morning, got the "grand tour" of Diosjeno, including the lake! I wish I could have stayed for a couple of days! Dan and I then boarded the really cool train from Diosjeno to Vac, and then the fast train from Vac to Budapest, followed by the long train from Budapest to Szeged, enjoying sitting in the dining car the whole way!
Dan attended my classes, gave them a taste of a TRUE southern accent, and he was able to experience an example of my daily life as a teacher, after which I put him back on a train to Budapest. There he met up again with Mary Jill to see the last of the major construction projects in Budapest.

God has been sooooooooo good in granting us FAVOR and safety in every aspect of this vision trip, along with HIS vision for His Kingdom building!

No comments: