Saturday, May 12, 2007

Cabin Fever


Typically, one gets cabin fever in the long, cold winter months, when staying inside is the wiser thing to do rather than subjecting oneself to the frigid, frost-biting temps that can be typical in some areas of the world. I, on the other hand, have cabin fever big time as a result of having to stay home and rest to get rid of a bad UTI. Yes, I've gone outside, and yes I've taken some short walks, but overall, "these four walls" have been my 'life-setting' for nearly 2 weeks now.

I think of the Apostle Paul, who spent many, many days inside cold, dark prison cells; I'm sure he experienced a type of cabin fever, but much worse than anything I have, or hopefully will ever, experience! What did Paul do during those times? He praised the Lord! He worshipped! He sang out His Redeemer's praise, lifting His name high! He rested in the palm of His Father's hand.

At times in our lives, we all have our "cabins" where we find ourselves...and we may get "cabin fever"...may we see Paul as our model of what we are to do and be during those times: worshippers of the Living God, who in His grace, has given us a time of "seclusion" for us to seek His face more intently, without the outside distractions, and rest in His comforting presence.

No comments: