Thursday, January 20, 2005

my ways or God's?

ceo for the kids
Each Thursday, I get to go out to a children's home near Szeged, where kids aged 14-24 live; some are parentless, and some are from situations where they would rather not live due to abuse and alcoholism or extreme poverty. My "goal" on these days is to hang out with some kids for about an hour and then teach English for an hour. Today, after waiting 1/2 an hour for any kids to show up for English, I locked up the room and went to the "Konditerem".....weight room, where two boys, both named Laci, were working out. I'm very close to one of them, and the other, has just recently started coming to church and is reading his Bible and seeking the Lord! We had a good conversation with difficult questions about God and the Bible being asked by both. I missed the bus I usually take back to the city, but it was worth it to have these very significant conversations with these young men. My way is to teach English; God's ways are much higher, and for this, I'm very thankful!!!

No comments: