Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Family time

ceo for the kids

I was blessed this year to be able to visit with all immediate family members during the holidays, and on the evening of the 26th of December, as we sat at my parent's dining room table laughing and reminiscing, I looked around at my 3 brothers and my mom and dad and thanked the Lord for this precious moment; Lord only knows when we will all be together around a table again. It was on that same day that we heard about and saw the devastating news of the Tsunamis in the Indian Ocean region. What a stark contrast of situations: I sitting there enjoying my entire family being together, while others were being completely ripped apart by the forces of nature. Thousands of families will never sit down together again around a holiday table; yet there is beauty in seeing the entire world come to the aid of these desperate survivors, working together to try to piece things back together for them. I heard a report today on CNN about 3 little boys, none over the age of 3, found on one of the beaches, arms interlocked, obviously trying to help each other to survive. However, they died and were found with arms still interlocked; herein is a precious picture of what we need to be doing daily: locking arms and coming alongside those who need us, with the realization that we need them as well.

No comments: