Thursday, August 19, 2010

Musings

A dear friend of mine started blogging again after a year. (See blogs I read to the right and check out Marcie's blog) She inspired me to reflect on the past year, and since I have realized that it's been a year since I really and truly settled in to life in Kansas City---that occured when I brought both my cats back with me from Hungary in August 2009---I thought that indeed, a reflection on the past year is in order. I hope I'm not copying Marcie's ideas too much...just her inspiration.

A year of loss: I lost an aunt who lost her battle with cancer; I lost a friendship; I lost body fat (have, unfortunately, gained it back :-)

A year of learning: Learning so much in Intro that it was like drinking from a fire hydrant; learning a lot about narcissism and it's many facets and subtleties; learning that falling in love is sweet...and trying to stop loving is really challenging; learning who my true friends are and what I really want and need in friendship; that relative proximity to family is precious; learning that it's never too late to reestablish ties with family members; learning that God is much bigger that I ever conceived and loves more deeply than I could ever imagine....and this category could go on and on and on...but I will stop here.

A year of firsts: First time living in the mid-west; first time buying a new car in the U.S.; first time to come face to face with people who chose to be "enemies" and be able to love them and bless them; first time ever experiencing spontaneous physical healing in my body; first time growing a vegetable garden; first time helicopter skiing...again, a plethora of firsts...but moving right along.....

A year of encounters: with Holy Spirit; with so many amazingly broken people who willingly and whole-heartedly seek the Lord for healing and freedom; with naturally supernatural people; with the love of the Father to depths before unknown; with amazing people; etc., etc., etc.

A year of disappointments: a friend who turned her back on me; a friend who still cannot own up to pain inflicted; inability to keep weeds out of my garden :-)

A year of BLESSINGS: easy transition back to American culture; enough food and clothing and money to pay every bill; faithful friends; encounters with God that have transformed everything in a positive way; realizing my true love language!

This could very well turn into a tome, which I don't want, so suffice to say these are the things that popped into my head first...it's been a GOOD year!

No comments: