Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Godly Tweaks

The moment I began logging on to my blog, the warning sirens for tornadoes began to blare. Mind you there is not a cloud in the sky...this is just a test of the emergency broadcast systems. I can hear the sirens in the distance, but it's not very loud, and my home is completely silent. My ears must be attuned to the warnings or else there could be trouble. How true this is in our relationships with the Lord.

"WARNING! DANGER! STOP! CHANGE! TURN AROUND! DON'T GO THERE OR DO THAT!"

Our heavenly Papa sees and knows, everything, the end from the beginning and every detail in between. The mystery of that reality of His sovereignty combined with the human free will is enough to give a real thinker a headache. Somehow in the grand cosmic scheme of things which God designed and orchestrates, we humans have a tremendous power: our free will. If we didn't, Love would not be love.

Early this morning I bolted awake at 3:35. Immediately, I inquired of the Lord and sensed His almost instantaneous response: Proverbs 17:17. Then I heard Him whisper in my spirit: "remove that chapter". Then the battle of the will began: "But God, there are so many good things in that chapter! Think of all the people who will be able to relate to what is written there! Some of the greatest points in the whole book are in that chapter!"

Again, the small still voice..."Proverbs 17:17...delete that chapter."

I've learned from limited experience that awakening in the wee morning hours and hearing the Spirit of the Lord speaking is usually something worth heeding. So, when I finally awakened again at 7:30, I turned on my computer, pulled up my book again, read "that chapter", cringed at the thought of deleting it, and then read Proverbs 17:17: "A friend loves at all times..."

A friend loves at all times....a friend loves at all times....a friend loves at all times.

Deleting that chapter meant loving a friend...at all times and in all circumstances.

So, while many excellent points, lessons and truths are now 'missing' from my book (self-publishing by the way), the peace of God, which passes ALL understanding, is guarding my heart and mind in Christ Jesus, and I have loved a friend in the process.

Ironically, the deleted chapter was entitled: "Let God Be God". My heavenly Papa has such a great sense of humor!

No comments: