Monday, December 14, 2009

The Donkey

Many of you have probably already heard this, but I thought it appropriate, with an added personal touch, for this time of year! Merry CHRISTMAS everyone!

"The Donkey"

A little donkey came home one day to his mother really excited about the days' events! He was so overwhelmed with joy and even feeling a bit proud. "Mom! You won't believe what happened today! I was just sitting around doing nothing when these two men came to get me and led me out of the city. Then, I came back in the city carrying my load and ALL the people in the city were lining the streets and cheering for me and waving palm branches for me and laying their coats and cloaks down at my feet! They were so excited to see me and welcome me into the city! It was the greatest feeling in the world, mom!"

The momma donkey looked at her little boy and said, "Oh sweetie, they weren't cheering for you; they were cheering and waving branches for the one you carried! But you, my dear, faithfully carried that One!"

Ah, may each of us be faithful carriers of the anointed One, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords...Jesus!

And for my own addition: That same King was carried into Nazareth on the back of a donkey, to the shouts of no one. He first came in quietness, then to the shouts of many, and will return again at the trumpet blast from heaven itself!

No comments: