Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve '09


Josie

Nathanel and Riley

Jonathan, Sarah and Gabe in an intense game of Dominos!

Riley, Scott and Marcie...concentration is the key!

I LOVE this precious, dear friend of mine! God VERY miraculously put our paths back together one year ago! Marcie and I taught together with ESI in Hungary in 1992 and got to know each other back then, but as time and distance would have it, we drifted apart and lived our separate lives! Marcie got married and has kids (natural and adopted) and has lived in Kansas City and been a part of the International House of Prayer for the past 6 years! The story of our getting reconnected is nothing short of miraculous, and I praise God for business cards! :-) This sweet, godly, prophetic friend is a treasure beyond words as is her family!


Plan A for Christmas Eve got postponed due to hostess illness, so Plan B kicked into gear, and what a FUN Christmas Eve a group of us had at Scott and Marcie Adams' home!

Eating GREAT food, opening gifts and playing games (my favorite Catch Phrase and my second favorite, Dominos) and great fellowship were on the agenda!

It's pretty amazing to feel so very loved by so very many in a place I've only lived 6 months.

Do I miss being with family ON Christmas? Well, maybe a little bit, but on the 28th, I'm flying to Colorado where my entire family is gathering for a late Christmas together and the celebration of my brother Kevin's wedding on New Year's Eve! So, it's all good! Anyway, today, Christmas Day, I am going to venture out in this blizzard on foot to feed a friend's kitties and walk over to the prayer room and spend most of the day with my heavenly Daddy! So, all in all, I am getting the best of ALL worlds this Christmas season...time with new friends, time with family, and time with my Father in Heaven! (The only heart-ache is missing my friends in Hungary!)

No comments: