Monday, June 30, 2008

Special wedding!

Arden, Marta, and Almos!


Marta, a very talented singer and musician, sang at her reception!


What a precious and gorgeous bride my friend Marta made! I travelled to Debrecen to attend Marta and Almos' wedding on Saturday night, and enjoyed a lovely outdoor wedding at a camping ground in ideal weather with about 300 people in attendance!



I met Marta in Ukraine as we stepped off a train on our way to do ministry in February, 2007. It was a God meeting all the way around. Marta was volunteering at a girls' orphanage in Nagydobrony, Ukraine, and so we made time during our ministry trip there to go meet the girls and learn about the orphanage. That's when I met Tini, my little girl whom I've blogged about before...and Marta and I developed a wonderful friendship! So, it was a tremendous privilege to share in her BIG DAY with her and her wonderful husband, Almos.



The celebration was Christ-centered and very simple but lovely! Marta's 5 sisters were her bridesmaids, and they did a really practical and cool thing regarding their dresses! They bought material and each sister decided what kind of dress she wanted...and one sister made individual dresses for each bridesmaid but all from the same material! Very practical and an idea I will employ for my wedding so my bridesmaids will have dresses that actually fit them well and they will want to wear again! I'm not able right now to upload the picture of the bridesmaids, sorry!

No comments: