Tuesday, January 01, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

New Year's Eve day was filled to the brim! I got to meet with a dear friend, Adri, and enjoy a cup of tea and conversation with her and her 2 year old daughter, Luca!

Later in the afternoon, my 30 somethings Bible study women and their families (plus another family) had a party (disco ball to boot!) which ended with a great tradition: walking down the street together with kids blowing horns to ring in the new year...a few hours early! Precious times together at the end of 2007!

I came home and baked cookies and prepared for a small gathering of internationals at my flat to ring in the new year! What fun 6 of us from 4 different nations had here at my flat last night ringing in the new year! We watched "Evan Almighty", enjoyed lots of good food and snacks, talked, praised and worshiped God, and prayed in 2008!!! Sadly, I have no pictures, yet, because my camera bit the dust at Christmas time.

This morning, I awakened to a wonderful, beautiful blanket of snow, with the snow still falling! As I lay in bed watching the winter wonderland outside my window and taking in the peacefulness of this first day of the new year, God dropped this into my heart: "Just as you see the pure white snow blanketing everything, so you, my daughter, have been made pure by the blood of Jesus! The last year is gone, finished...all the joys and blessings are in the past; all the struggles, hurts and trials are in the past; today, this snow, in the physical, is a picture of what 2008 is for you---a fresh new start, covered in my grace and mercy! Walk forth in the freshness of new life in Me!" He's so very good!

May we all experience in the spiritual what God has given us here in Szeged in the natural---a beautiful blanketing of purity, grace and mercy---His love!

No comments: