Friday, August 31, 2007

Surprises and blessings



When I was coming home from Vac (see a few blogs below) by train, I wasn't sure why I was coming home "early". I disembarked in Szeged and at the end of the train platform stood Edit, the eldest sister in the Jozsik family of 5 children, all of whom grew up in the children's home. We both smiled at the surprise of meeting each other, and she told me her sister Agi was on the same train...so we both waited for her and she was very surprised to see me! As we 3 walked together, Edit said, 'There's another surprise...." We walked toward a car with an open door...I thought it was her boyfriend's car, but then noticed the foreign license plate. Out stepped her brother, Balazs, home from England for a visit!!!! As we stood laughing and exchanging traditional Hungarian kisses, out pops Gabi from the car, the 4th of 5 siblings, ALSO home from England for a visit! I wanted to cry because I'd not seen all of them together in such a long time and it was such an incredible blessing to come home to a sweet surprise! The only one missing from the "sweet reunion" was Bori. The most precious thing about these "kids"....all young adults now, is to see the oldest sibling, Edit, "fighting" to build and keep the family together. You see, they don't have a clue where their father is....took off years ago, and their mom has never wanted anything to do with any of them. It is amazing to me and such a testimony to God's grace that all of them are doing well, all of them have jobs and are making their ways in life, without ever having had the guidance of parents. The day after our train meeting, we all met at the thermal baths and enjoyed some hours together talking and getting caught up on each others' lives! Then we went out to eat at a wonderful restaurant, and when the bill came, Balazs insisted on paying for everyone! Blessings beyond measure for me!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

that is so cool arden! love ya.