Saturday, August 11, 2007

Freedom and contentment

When mom's away, the cats will play! How very, very true! My trusty neighbor, Kati, who cares for my cats when I leave, has given my boys, Toby and Simon, more freedom than I ever would have. They now spend hours each day, when one of us is home, out in the enclosed yard behind our building. They pretty much rule the roost out there now, and the 5 other neighbor cats don't come into our yard much anymore. It's not that Toby and Simon are mean cats...anyone who knows them knows they are sweethearts...it's just that they are HUGE compared to the typical Hungarian cat. So, they are experiencing tremendous freedom, and their mommy is not stressed about it...along with that freedom is a greater contentment that I see in them. They've stopped peeing in inappropriate places, and they are not as anxious as they used to be.

Freedom bringing contentment?
Freedom bringing contentment?

One could "interpret" this in a number of different ways; for me, it is the freedom I continue to experience in my relationship with Jesus Christ, reveling in God's grace, resting in His joy and peace, and knowing that it is for freedom that Christ has set us free...THIS is the freedom I'm talking about which brings contentment! And each day as I lay myself bare before the King of Kings and allow Him to penetrate the depths of my heart with His grace, that freedom grows, and contentment increases.
Thanks, Toby and Simon, for a practical picture of a spiritual Truth!

No comments: