Saturday, March 31, 2007

More on the "cost"

Once when I was experiencing a sort of "down time", I was dealing with some pretty challenging things. God was showing me areas of my life/heart that needed to be brought to the cross, and habit patterns in my life that needed to be broken. In the process of it all, I received wonderful words of encouragement from a good friend. When I thanked her for her faithful involvement in my life and helping me walk through this stuff, she said four words which hit my heart deeply, and which stick with me to this day: "You are worth it!"

How many of us believe we are really worth it? Worth the time and energy that people have poured and are pouring into our lives? The MORE important question, though, is do we really believe we are "worth it" to God? His answer is loud, clear and strong and came directly from God's Son at the most unlikely time that someone would speak words of love and acceptance...from the cross: "Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing!"

We were worth it to Jesus!!! We still are today as He continually pours out His love, grace and mercy, even on those who turn their backs away from this gift. As we meditate on the cross and the incredible cost of it this coming week, and what it means for every person on the planet, let us remember that in those words spoken by Jesus from the cross, He was saying, in essence, "You are worth it!"

No comments: