Thursday, March 08, 2007

Birthday and Women's Day



This is a special week! Not only did I celebrate my birthday, but today is Women's Day in Hungary! As you can see in the picture, it's a day of flowers! The men in this country "celebrate" women by giving them a flower or a bouquet of flowers, and wishing them a "Happy Women's Day!"


My students from some of my classes brought the various flowers pictured here, and my university Bible study group also brought me a flower for my birthday! While this is a special celebratory day for women, I'm reminded that God's mercies are new every morning for all of us, and the Lord celebrates US every day! May the beauty of these flowers remind of His beautiful gift of grace which He pours out on and in us every single day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!