Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My 200th post...wow...more about Ukraine


Have you ever connected with someone so quickly and so deeply that you wonder if it is a divine connection, designed since the beginning of time for such a moment as this? That happened to me during our recent trip to Ukraine when we got to visit an orphanage which houses 67 girls, most of whom are handicapped in some way. As we sat in a room listening to one of the volunteers there explain the history of this Danish Reformed Church sponsored orphanage, two of the girls who live there came bounding into the room. I struck up a conversation with one of them, Timea, and learned that she is an excellent soccer player, loves to dance, and can do the splits, both ways! Apparently, she is quite a "spitfire" in that orphanage and can be "challenging". No wonder...she is a "true" orphan, has no family, and when she arrived, had cuts all up and down her arms. Timea and I experienced this "divine connection" and as she asked me all kinds of questions, including, "when are you coming back?" my heart melted for this precious 13 year old. Who knows what God has in store for our relationship? He knows! (Timea is wearing the sky blue athletic jacket).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arden,

I'm not sure if you got my earlier post, so I thought I would try again. I doubt you will remember me, it's been about 16 years...I was your student in Virginia. I would love to hear from you. It looks like you have made a wonderful life for yourself. I hope to hear from you soon...
Adrienne Settle (Bopp)

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

Hello Adrienne! Yes, I remember you! Please write me an email at tmhunarden@hotmail.com so we can get reacquainted.

Unknown said...

Arden, Glad to see you had a wonderful time in Ukraine. I knew you would! Destiny... Ukraine... stealing of your heart... so happy you're catching on! Hope our paths cross again soon! Tammy Swailes

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

Thanks Tammy! Yep, grabbed my heart big time! Thanks for praying! I do hope we meet again soon!