Saturday, February 24, 2007

Holocaust survivor


We had the unique privilege of attending a Shabbat on the Friday night we were in Ukraine. There is a Christian ministry there of women who are reaching out to, loving and serving holocaust survivors and their families. They graciously invited us to take part in the Shabbat and we were amazingly blessed!


One of the Jewish men there is named Laci. He's Hungarian, speaks about 7 different languages and when I asked him if I could ask him a difficult question, he said, "Sure!" I asked if he had been in a concentration camp during WW II and he replied, "Yes, I was in Mathhausen, and there I learned some English, so when the Americans liberated us, and we were taken to Vienna to the hospital, I served as a translator for the doctors there!" This 88 year old wonderful, energetic, funny man blessed us so deeply during our short conversations with him. I don't know if he knows Jeshua as his messiah, but I pray God reveals His Messiah to Laci bacsi soon!

No comments: