Monday, August 21, 2006

Teaching in Szeged


I teach conversational English to 9-12 graders at a bilingual high school. Each year, I typically have between 190-220 students because I meet with most of them only once a week. Yet, I do get to teach most of my groups for 4 years, and thus can develop fairly strong relationships with many of my students. After 4 years, there is a definite sadness as they graduate, but the reward is seeing their English develop, for most of them, to a level of fluency which will serve them their entire lives! This is a picture of one of my classes of seniors!

1 comment:

Me said...

Hey...I enjoyed reading your blogs about the 'island of singleness'
it does give an image...
yeah, yeah, im only 14, but i can understand at least ur point of view and might have some feelings on the topic myself, but i know, im only 14 ;)