Saturday, August 19, 2006

End of Sabbatical

The old addage, time flies when you're having fun is so true. One week and counting before I head back to my home in Hungary. What a wonderful, challenging, growth-filled sabbatical time this has been for me in the States. I wouldn't trade one second of it because I know that God has been at work and I am thankful for that fact and reality!
A part of me is really looking forward to returning to my adopted country; a part of me is really NOT looking forward to saying "see you laters" here. The tension of living in the here and now, with eyes focused on Jesus, knowing that all we are, do, say, think, and feel is for His glory.
If I've learned nothing else this summer (which of course I've learned tons), I've learned that my heavenly Daddy ADORES me; I never really KNEW that in the depths of my heart. Only HE can show us that...and it is not a journey from the head to the heart, it's a journey from the heart to the head, the direction that only God can go. If my heart is changed by Him, my mind can come into alignment with my heart. This is a radical new lesson I've learned this summer for which I'm eternally thankful to my Daddy in Heaven for teaching me.
So, while I will be saying very tearful "see you laters" to precious people in the U.S., I'll be saying joyful "hello agains" to precious people in Hungary! And someday we won't have to say goodbye ever.

No comments: