Friday, September 24, 2010

Tomatoes in September

Well, as my garden dwindles, I still have vines and vines of tomatoes...green tomatoes...probably about 50 of them...and it's SEPTEMBER! My last 3 pumpkins are ripening as well, and then comes the clean-up of my first garden.

What an amazing adventure it has been to garden. The Lord has taught me so many things about Himself, what He is doing in my life and heart, and where He is taking me in this short span of years called life on earth! One of the most profound lessons just hit me this morning:

This garden got planted in one place, the plants sunk their roots down deeply into the rich, life-giving soil, and they grew and produced much fruit. The "gardener" came along, made sure the weeds didn't choke out the good plants, watered it when necessary, pruned, and collected the fruit in due time. The garden didn't travel to many nations; it remained rooted and grew exactly where it was planted. May this truth be true in all of our lives!

No comments: