Sunday, November 12, 2006

Wrestling with God

I picked up a book the other night off my shelf...it actually belongs to some friends of mine...sorry, I'll get it back to you soon. It's called "Lover of My Soul - Delighting in God's Passionate Love" by Alan Wright. The following is an excerpt which captures exactly where I am.

"One night by the Jabbok, Jacob was preparing to reenter the Promised Land. I suppose God wrestled with Jacob just so the patriarch would never forget the source of his blessings. The Lord wrestled the man who had always come out on top just so he'd never forget that the Lord always gives the victory. But mostly, I think God wrestled Jacob for the same reason He wrestled with the Hebrew people and He continues to wrestle with you and me. God would rather stoop to wrestle us than let us wander away from Him in pride. He wrestles us because He wants to keep us. He wrestles us because He wants to be close to us. If you feel as if you're wrestling with God, has it occurred to you that maybe He's just looking for a little more contact with you?"

It's interesting to be in a place that not many can understand, and even I have a hard time sometimes understanding where God has me; but like Jacob, I know that my Beloved wants even more contact with me, and He was willing to go to the cross for me, and now He is willing to wrestle with me, to draw me closer to Himself, that I might experience His passionate love for me and be able to hear His voice even more intimately and clearly.

3 comments:

Me said...

Hang in there!
Love ya...katie

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

ah, but don't you see it's a good thing?

Anonymous said...

The Lord Bless You Arden!


Please contact me,
" I MET THE LORD IN NEW YORK "
...i hope one day you will read my book,

Enjoy your vacation with the Lord!

Isten veled!
Love in Christ, Agnes U.S.A.