Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Day!

This year is an especially blessed year for me this Thanksgiving! For the first time in 7 years of teaching here in Hungary, I have only 2 lessons on Thursdays, and finish at 9:10 a.m.....so, I finally have time to cook a proper Thanksgiving dinner! And this morning, I received an added blessing...my second class wasn't even in the school, so I could get home even earlier to put the turkey in the oven!!!

However, there's a test today...this is the FIRST TIME EVER cooking a turkey...and I have no temperature gauge on my oven; could be a really interesting day!!! One of my students' grandmother's killed and cleaned the turkey for me!!! Talk about fresh! Hope I don't ruin it by not cooking it correctly!

In the next blog, you'll get to see pictures from the big event! Until then, remember how incredibly blessed we ALL are!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw a pic of your turkey in the article in A Délmagyarország Online!!!! you should post the link!!!!!! - Tamas

Me said...

I saw the picture too...looks awesome. You grew your hair out some, huh? Looks nice :)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love ya!
~Katie