Monday, October 16, 2006

Testing

I went to the post office today to mail two envelopes with pictures and letters. I stood in a long line for 1/2 an hour, only to get to the window and discover I needed to fill out customs forms. So, I had to step out of the long line, which had gotten longer, and fill out the forms. When I finished, I saw the line was even longer.....so I went upstairs to the usually shorter line....only to find a slew of people there too. I knew my patience was being tested, and I wanted to pass. So, I stood and waited.....a full hour after having entered the post office, I was walking out, having mailed two envelopes. Hmmm. As I walked home, I wondered if I'd passed the patience test, when the Lord decided to bless me. I ran into a student who graduated last year and we had a great talk! Then I ran into one of the girls who used to be in the children's home...we also had a good "reconnection" time. Had I had a "quick" turn-around time at the post office, these meetings would not have happened. We all would have missed out on the blessings, and I would not have been tested.

No comments: