Sunday, October 15, 2006

Attack cat

Last night, I accidentally stepped on Toby's paw---he screeched, and immediately, Simon, my other cat, jumped on Toby, attacking him!!! The two of them raced off toward my flat, Toby fleeing on a hurt paw and Simon in hot pursuit, and me chasing both of them trying to break up the fight! Poor Toby....hurt foot, his mom's fault, fleeing the wrath of his "thought-to-be" buddy, Simon, who has decided that he must attack Toby! My only explanation is that Simon is so possessive of me, that when he heard Toby screech, he thought he was screeching AT me and moved into "protection" mode. I and my neighbor spent the next 20 minutes trying to calm the two boys and get them back together again...Toby very leery about being anywhere NEAR Simon, understandably.

I'm reminded of the verse which says the enemy is like a lion, prowling around looking for someone to devour. We must always be aware of his tactics, but more importantly, our undivided attention should be on worshipping Jesus, and HE will warn us!

No comments: