Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Relishing the moment

During my usual rush to school yesterday, I ran into one of my students who also attends a Bible study I hold weekly at my house. We proceeded to walk the last city block to school together, and when I asked her how she was doing, she responded: "Great! I love the fresh air, and the trees are so lovely! I feel like I'm walking along a beautiful tunnel!" I was caught off-guard by this comment as I hadn't really expected this kind of response to the simple question "how are you?" My heart raced a bit as I too joined her in relishing the moment of a crisp fall morning, walking along a path under the archway of tall leafy trees, announcing their glory to the Lord! Ah, that we would stop more often in the rush of daily life to cherish the natural beauty God has thrown right in our paths, and drink in His presence at that moment.

ceo for the kids

No comments: