Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Trusting God


I shouldn't be surprised, I suppose, but I am.

After walking with the Lord for 31 years now, I realize I don't really trust Him.

Sad.

He's been so utterly faithful and trustworthy, and I see, every day, how little I trust Him.

Now, I could fall into despair or shame or beat myself up at this realization, but that probably wouldn't do a whole lot of good if I want to continue growing. And so I will do what is necessary:

Push DELETE, and move on.

Delete the times when I have not trusted in His unfailing love for me, His perfect provision, His comfort, His healing, His direction, His desire to see people come into a relationship with Him, and His goodness.

Today is a new day, a new opportunity to TRUST JESUS, with everything and everyone. I need your grace, Lord!

Just as this picture of our now dormant garden looks rather "dead", or at least dormant, so too should we be in seasons when the Lord is going deep with healing and transformation. In the spring season, there will be growth and fruit!

No comments: