Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fine-tuning

One of the things I remember about a number of my friends who were professional musicians in Hungary is the emphasis they place on "fine-tuning" their instruments. It wasn't "good enough" just to be in tune, but each of them would not be satisfied to move forward in a concert or worship event or even in a living room setting unless their instruments were finely tuned.

I didn't fully appreciate that reality that they live until recently. There have been times sitting in the prayer room which is live 24/7, when I've had to get up and leave because an instrument (I include voices here as they are instruments) has been out of fine-tune. It may be just slightly off, but for me, it's enough to distract me so that I cannot enter in to worship and/or prayer with the grating on my ears. I don't say this in a judgmental way, just observing, and realizing that in the natural, God is fine-tuning my ears and it's transferring to the spiritual realm, by His grace and the fine-tuning that He Himself is doing in my life.

I've been saying for a couple of years now that it's not business as usual in the Kingdom or in life in general. God is fine-tuning His precious instruments, His people, so that the final concert will be beautiful. He's doing this in every area of life, in every mountain of influence, and while exciting, it also takes giant leaps of faith to embark on paths before unknown. It's worth it, though, so as not to be a sounding gong or a clanging symbol in a world where His love, through Jesus, is so desperately needed.

No comments: