Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving!

Dad, Mom, Paul and Arden, after church on Sunday morning. (I apparently missed the memo about dressing in blue!)

This license plate was on a car in the parking lot! :-)

This fun chair was outside a wonderful pottery place outside of Phoenix! We felt a bit like Edith-Ann....remember her? ;-)

It's a SMALL world! Luda, in the middle, and I met in Kiev, Ukraine back in 2003. She is now married and lives in Scottsdale, Arizona, so Paul and I were blessed to meet her and her new husband, Scott.

Mom wasn't feeling well on Thanksgiving Day, so it was Paul, dad and I who shared the meal together.

Paul and I were incredibly blessed to have the opportunity to travel to Arizona and spend Thanksgiving 2011 with my parents. Relaxing, restful, WARM, and full of fun, laughter, good talks, and fantastic food. I am truly thankful for my parents but even more so, for the opportunity to spend this time with them and with Paul.

This was our first Thanksgiving together as a married couple. There was a different kind of sweetness this year; it's hard to explain, but I was very thankful in a different way this year, knowing I have a precious man of God standing with me, who is for me, who loves my family, and sacrifices for me. I am blessed!

No comments: