Sunday, July 31, 2011

Garden and lightning

Hats off to Alex Cataldo who house-sat for us while we were on our honeymoon and watered like crazy during the 90-105 degree heat wave! Our garden not only survived but thrived! Thanks Alex!


Do you know how challenging it is to capture lightning with a regular ole' digital camera? I think I took 200 shots and maybe 5 of them turned out!


As I was checking for cucumbers and zucchini in our garden this evening, I heard a high-pitched "MEOW" emerging from the jungle of plants you can see in the above picture. "Come here, Simon!" I called out to my little pumpkin kitty! Suddenly, he emerged from amongst the broccoli plants! He sat diligently watching me pick zucchini and cucumbers and tomatoes!

Last night, we came home and watched an AMAZING lightning show...no rain, just a fabulous display of lightning in the clouds.

No comments: