Monday, November 01, 2010

From 30-somethings to 30 and 40-somethings

As we four sat and stretched out legs out on a wonderful ottoman that held all four pairs of legs and feet, I was struck by the goodness of God. For nine years in Hungary, I met with three precious women and we studied books, the Bible, we prayed with and for each other and our families, and we loved the Lord and each other.

16 months ago, I moved to Kansas City, leaving behind those precious friends (physically, not emotionally by any means); last month, a dear friend here suggested four of us get together to read and discuss a book together, pray with and for each other and our families, love the Lord and each other.

This is a precious kiss from the Lord for me to have a very different group of gals than those in Hungary, but so very similar in hearts' desires, to sit, drink tea with, and explore the deep things of God together!

In Hungary, it was the 30-somethings...with me the token 40-something. Here in the U.S., it's the 40-somethings with a token 30-something. I feel like the Lord is saying, "Location is unimportant; bloom where I plant you, enjoy the love that I bring into your life through fellow sojourners on this journey toward being loved by God and loving Him back."

With both groups, it took intentionality to make it happen. The fruit is worth every effort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for your new group! Alleluia! p.