Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Big news!




I remember years ago when I was in my mid 20s, sitting in a kitchen in Cobham, VA with some friends, talking with a single missionary woman who was in her late 40s or early 50s at that time. My friend asked her point-blank:




"Do you ever wish you were married?"




I've never forgotten her response:




"EVERYDAY! But today I am single and and the Lord has given me His grace for today!"




I can't tell you how many times I've recalled that conversation in that kitchen and pressed into the grace of God during my 46+ years of singleness, counting every day joy, even amidst the struggles that accompany being single, recognizing the AMAZING life I've been graced to live as a single missionary, able to serve in ways and places that only a single person could!




That season is coming to an end...again, by the grace of God...as HE has brought a mighty man of God into my life and heart and this past Saturday night, Paul Czaszewicz (pronounced Chazwick in English) asked me to be his wife, his Mrs. Chaz!




I probably should have clued in when Paul arrived at the airport to pick me up after my 17-hour journey from Hungary home to Kansas City presenting me with a dozen red roses, but somehow, I remained clueless! Another clue should have been the tablecloth, cloth napkins and wine goblets on his table and sweet music playing in the background while he served me a wonderful dinner he had cooked. It wasn't until he had me read a letter he had written to my parents that I began to awaken to the reality that he was about to pop the question! Of course I said YES, and then we made our way to downtown Kansas City, to Brush Creek where he had arranged for a romantic boat ride, complete with a long-stemmed red rose, sparkling cider, chocolates and a message in a bottle which he plucked out of the water, I opened, read and was brought to tears.




There's so much I could say about my Chaz...but for now, I'm simply relishing the moment and thanking God for bringing this mighty man of God into my life to walk out the rest of our days together, loving Him, each other, and all those whom He brings into our lives!
Oh, the single missionary woman I met in the kitchen years ago? I heard a number of years ago that she too met a wonderful man when she was about 55 and happily married! Ladies, it's never too late, and well worth the wait!

4 comments:

Kata said...

Kedves Arden, szivből gratulálok!!:-))It was great to see in Budapest! Next time both of you are welcome to come to the Prayer Room. szia

Mary Jill said...

You KNOW how happy I am for you both!!! Can't wait for the BIG day. Let me know how all your plans are coming! Love, MJ

Jen Tusz said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you (and it all sounds so romantic!!)

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

Thanks you all! Yes, Jen, VERY romantic....Paul is a super romantic guy...I am loving it! Kata, great to see you all too, and Paul and I cannot wait to come to the prayer room in Bp! Yes, MJ, I am hoping you will be here to celebrate with us! :-)