Tuesday, July 27, 2010

PUMPKINS ALREADY!!!! And basil!

I planted basil in my garden...I can't eat it fast enough, so tonight, I just plucked it all and am going to dry it in my kitchen and crush it! :-) Lots of spiritual truths could be gleaned from this whole process! Cutting, dying, being hung upside down, remaining still...for a long time...drying out....changing, then being crushed for multiple uses. Gotta love the way God paints pictures of His processes in our lives all around us!


I just put the pumpkins on the shelf with my water bottle to try to give some idea to my readers how large these are! Planning to cut, gut, cook and then freeze the meat for numerous pumpkin recipes, including the world famous Grandma Campbell's pumpkin pie!



The pumpkin wouldn't fit on the seat next to Toby.


However, the smaller one did! :-)










My very wise neighbor said I needed to pick my pumpkins now before they start to rot. Plus, as I carried them to the house, I realized that it's sort of like pruning plants...now that these two giants are off the vine, the little baby pumpkin sprouts will have more nourishment and will be able to grow!










1 comment:

Kati said...

Arden, I'm so proud of you for using the fresh vegetable instead of canned ones.