Monday, July 12, 2010

Micro-burst

Sunday morning, as I prepared to go to church, a storm arose which turned into what is known as a micro-burst. I was heading out the door when I looked out my sliding glass door to see my umbrella and glass table being lifted up and over the deck and thrown to the grass below; it was all happening in what appeared to be slow-motion, so I prayed, "Lord, please don't let the glass break on the table!" It didn't, thankfully. So, I waited and stood and watched as the wind and rain thrashed my garden and threw my deck chairs across and against the railing. Little did I know the damage that was taking place all over the neighborhood.

When the power went out, I decided that I should probably stay home, which turned out to be a good call because trees were being broken and falling across roadways, etc. throughout the neighborhood! Welcome to the mid-west!

Pictures to come when I have a faster connection. :-)

1 comment:

Dana Butler said...

woah.... sounds like a mini tornado or something... must've hit g-view really hard... i don't think we got it that bad up in NE KC