Saturday, November 07, 2009

Raking leaves

Sorry, but this will be a pretty boring post. It was a gorgeous day today here in Kansas City! Temps were in the 70s and I was outside all afternoon....raking leaves! Yep, the joys of homeownership. The worst part is that I don't really have any trees in my yard...oh, I have a couple along the back fence, but they are not huge and their leaves are mostly still clinging to the branches. So, the 4 huge leaf bags I filled today are from my neighbors' yards. Hmmm, not fun. Great exercise, and I actually enjoyed it, but I could have spent my time otherwise, that's for sure!

This project of leaf-raking did, however, motivate me to do some other important projects, like work on the perimeter of my home and build it up so that rain water or snow won't seep into the basement, Lord willing. I also finally put the garden hose away for the winter, remembering to empty the water out of it. :-)

Oh, and I have a new walkway...now I didn't do that, but I'm fairly pleased with it. Actually, I'm only 1/2 pleased with it....I need to do some improvements to it. At least the girl renting my basement no longer has to walk across soggy carpet remnants or through mud! Pictures to come!

Told you this would be a boring post....sorry!

No comments: