Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My dad

My dad is 78 years old! I'm sure he really appreciates me announcing that on my blog, but you'll see why in a minute. I got an email from him this morning in which he told me he'd gone to Flagstaff with the ski club he's a member of in Sun City West, AZ. Well, they got to the ski slopes, and lo and behold, there was a race for seniors...both slalom and giant slalom.

Ok, you must know and understand that my dad grew up in Colorado, so he was practically born on skis. So were we...he had me and my brothers out on the slopes in our lace-up boots when each of us was 3 learning to ski!

So, back to this past weekend...dad decided to enter the races! Guess what? He WON the slalom and got second place in the giant slalom!!! He's STILL got it! And now he has two big medalions he received to prove it! Congrats dad, and I want to be in as good a shape as you are at age 78!

No comments: