Thursday, November 15, 2007

First Snow in Szeged



Yep, we awoke to the first snow in Szeged this morning! These shots are taken out my bedroom window looking into the back yard of the building where I live, and into the neighbor's yard too. I LOVE the first snow, and last year, I think it came in January, so this is a real treat! They say you can take the girl out of Colorado, but you cannot take Colorado out of the girl! I MISS snow and mountains. If this "early onset" of winter is any indication of what winter will be like this year, maybe we'll get a lot of snow! As my friend Jo wrote in her blog...they got snow in Budapest on Sunday...everything seems much quieter with a blanket of snow covering it.


For me, this blanketing is a tangible picture of God's covering...He wraps Himself around us, covering us with His wings where we can hide and be safe, and it is in this quiet place with Him that everything comes into perspective because we are seeing things from His point of view.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea for snow! We're supposed to get our first snow in Toledo tomorrow morning!