Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Lunch with Jewel Brown


I had lunch with Jewel Brown today. Maybe you don't know who she is...I must admit, I didn't either til I looked her up on the net. She sang with Louis Armstrong for years!


What a SWEET lady! 70 years old and going strong! I had the privilege of meeting her and her manager this afternoon, taking them to get massages and then going out to lunch together after their arrival here in Hungary! Talk about a down-to-earth, totally for REAL woman! I loved talking with her and learning more about her life!


She will be singing 3 concerts, two in Serbia and one in Pecs, Hungary this coming weekend. Unfortunately, I won't get to see her sing, but I might try to sneak in on the rehearsal tomorrow evening if they'll let me!


This picture is of the two of us and I think she looks GREAT after 24 hours of travel, a massage, lunch and NO SLEEP!!! Thanks Jewel and Paul for a great afternoon together!

No comments: