Friday, July 06, 2007

Suffering....not!

As I type this, I'm looking out over one of the most beautiful lakes in all of Virginia...or at least according to me! I wish I knew how to hook up my camera to this computer and could download pictures for this blog. Oh well, you'll simply have to wait to see the pictures later.

What a week it has been! Whew! I've really been suffering......NOT!! I've met new people, gotten together with old friends, eaten at some of my "old favorite" restaurants and been introduced to a couple of new places. I've laughed a lot, had some serious talks, had friends drive long distances to see me, experienced amazing hospitality, watched a great fireworks display for the 4th of July, and I've even participated in a "swim across the lake" here at Lake Monticello!!!

Last evening my friends and I took a trip to another friend's house where, basically, all my worldly possessions are being stored in a corner in his basement. I went through a few boxes, tossed two garbage bags full of stuff, and took a short walk down memory lane. I found a prized possession: the family genealogy my cousin so diligently worked on years ago which proves that our family came to North America on the Mayflower! Can't wait to use it in class back in Hungary!

Today is complete rest day. I'm not going anywhere...I'm going to go and sit outside and enjoy being alone with my Lord, and drink in the beauty of this place! I'm so very blessed...I can't even begin to understand it.

No comments: