Monday, November 07, 2005

ups and downs of life

I just enjoyed a wonderful week away in Croatia, mostly spent enjoying the seacoast. Some of the time was spent with friends; part of it was spent completely alone. I left exhausted; I returned to Hungary quite refreshed. I am back in the thick of things here, and one of those "things" is the death of my neighbor's mom, which happened last night. I remember giving her a hug goodbye before I drove off to Croatia. I remember thinking, "I hope she is still here when I get back." She has been quite ill recently. I learned today that she left this world yesterday. I am grieving as both she and her daughter lived in the apartment next to mine, and I will miss her smile and the way she dearly cared for my cats. As I got in the car tonight and checked my phone messages, I got a message from a dear friend here whose baby girl was born this afternoon!!! Luca is her name, and while she is 3 weeks early, she is healthy and fine! We prayed for a 4 hour delivery and she came in 2 1/2! The ups and downs of life; they just keep on coming, don't they? www.ceokids.org

No comments: