Saturday, April 02, 2005

A "where are we?" experience

ceo for the kids

Late Thursday night of this past week, I received a phone call from some friends asking if I could help them sing in a wedding on Saturday. "The guy getting married is British and the girl is Hungarian, and they want some of the songs sung in English. Can you help?" And so began my first church wedding experience in Hungary. The Szeged ecumenical praise team was invited to sing, and I joined them in a FREEZING cold Catholic Church. After the wedding, there was a reception line, which we went through, and congratulated the bride and groom....."Hi, I just sang in your wedding and I don't even know you!!" No, I didn't say this, but it was quite an odd experience for me to greet this random couple for whom we'd just sung during a very holy union. Gotta love serving cross-culturally!

No comments: