Saturday, February 19, 2005

Stuck behind an "old" person

ceo for the kids

I was doing my weekly run to the market near my house this morning when I got "stuck behind" an old man who was moving very slowly. Because of the large number of people making their way to and from the market, I couldn't do the "quick pass" that I normally do when confronted with such a "road-block". So, I ambled slowly behind this old man, trying not to be the stereotypical American who is always in a hurry, and just enjoy the situation. However, when a break in the crowd presented itself, I dashed, passing him on the left and picking up my pace again, heading for the vendors. While walking behind the old man, I got to thinking about our lives with the Lord.....how many of us are "stuck behind", unable to move forward? How many of us just become satisfied with the "status quo", the thought that "this is the way we always have done things" kind of mentality? How many of us get stuck when God wants to move us out into His "lane of traffic"; it's more daring, more exciting, takes more faith, but we are not stuck. We are moving, carried along by the Holy Spirit into what the Lord wants. May it be so.

No comments: